Handmade Vintage Cards using Tobacco Cards
I made these handmade vintage cards using 1912 Tobacco Collector Cards featuring flowers and butterflies. The Song Card Sheets add a sentimental touch while the inside sentiment features sheet music from 1910. A few embellishments makes the card one of a kind with a little bling.
- 1912 Tobacco Collector Cards
- Vintage Song Card Sheets from the 1950’s
- Sheet music from 1910 on inside of card
- Inspiration message – Tim Holtz Ideology
- Metal paper clip – Prima Marketing
- Vellum envelope – Sizzix Die Cut
- Various metal & wooden embellishments
Altered Burlap Canvas with Rusty Hinges
A unique way to showcase some old rusty hinges was to use them in making this altered burlap art piece.
Antique hinges form the bases of these two altered art canvases. The vintage images shown can be swapped out with your own personal photos if you like or you can enjoy them as they are. The hinges were sourced from the amazing hardware store located on the waterfront in Astoria, Oregon.
- Rusty Hinges- Astoria Hardware
- Vintage Style Christmas photos – Pion Design
- Sheet music from 1910 on background
- Burlap Canvas – Tim Holtz Ideology
- Flashcards – Tim Holtz Ideology
- Metal paper clips – Prima Marketing
- Mini doorknobs – Tim Holtz Ideology
Altered Clip Board
A inexpensive clip board is altered to make a lovely piece of decorative art. The botanical illustration is from a 1921 German agricultural textbook. A little white paint, tissue paper, and distress ink pulls the pieces together and gives it an aged vintage feel.
- Thrift Store Clip Board
- White Paint
- Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink
- Tim Holtz Tissue Paper
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink
- Gel Medium
- Green Card Stock
Lit-up Christmas Vignette in Vintage Glass Jar
I have been busy creating these lovely one of a kind glass jar Christmas scenes! I used an assortment of vintage glass jars and transformed them into unique Christmas decor complete with strings of fairy lights. The vintage figurines used bring back a sense of Christmas past and look adorable on a mantle during the holidays.
- Vintage Glass Jars
- Vintage Christmas Figurines
- Christmas Trees – Lemax
- Artificial Snow Flakes
- Fairy lights – Prima Marketing
Handmade Vintage Style Christmas Cards
I made these handmade Christmas cards featuring vintage style scenes. The burlap poinsettia and wood grain paper is juxtaposed by the glittery background card stock. The images are raised to give a 3D effect, with foliage and a silver bell as embellishments.
- Cream Coloured Card & Envelope
- Wood Grain Cardstock
- Red & Green Glitter Cardstock
- 3D Vintage Picture – Petaloo
- Foliage embellishments – Petaloo
- Burlap, Silver Bells
Christmas 3D Shadow Box Made From Vintage Baking Tins
These vintage baking tins have been transformed into a wonderfully unique Christmas display complete with strings of fairy lights.
I re-purposed these three square baking tins into a 3D shadowbox display, reminiscent of Christmas yesteryear. This lit-up olde time Christmas scene looks stunning on a mantle during the holidays.
- Vintage Baking tins
- Christmas figurines – Lemax
- Snow flakes
- Fairy lights – Prima Marketing
This was a thrift store bulletin board that was repainted with chalk paint and distressed. The cork board is handy for pinning notes and lists. Added some industrial prints to give it a little vintage flare. Coats and such can be hung on the clear knobs. Great functional entrance way decor.
- Thrift Store Bulletin Board
- Chalk Paint and Wax
- Tim Holtz Paper – Industrial
Saw this great idea as a tutorial for Folk Art Multipurpose Paint. These were old thrift store vases that we gave new life to with a little paint and ribbon. They now have a vintage feel instead of the plain old clear glass. Just baked them in the oven to cure the paint and they are ready for a bouquet of flowers.
- Thrift Store Vases
- Folk Art Multi Surface Paint